No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been so busy lately trying to get lots of stuff done--and trying to squeeze a couple of things in here and there for my little guy. I am getting closer to getting caught up, though--and that makes me feel great--even though I have a huge stash of stuff waiting on me that I want to do for my own family. So for now, I'm still not taking any new orders--but I am trying to post most of the things that I am doing.

I recently monogrammed some bags for a friend. She had picked up several things at Mike's Merchandise in Muscle Shoals, AL. I've never been to Mike's, but need to make the trip sometime--because she got some great deals. Mike's gets lots of stuff in, but you just never know what that stuff might be. I, personally, really like to go to places like this--because you never know what you might find. My friend got several bags/backpacks at Mike's for great prices. I did a drawstring bag for her and this L.L. Bean backpack:


She paid less than $4 for this backpack (I just looked and L.L. Bean has this exact backpack for $22.95). The backpack was new--but it did have initials monogrammed on it. I'm guessing they had put the wrong initials on it from an order. I got my seam ripper and took out that monogram (yes, you can do this sometimes--works best with simple monograms and on knits--when you can wash the item afterward, the fabric usually pulls back together--remember this when shopping at consignment sales: you just might get a great buy). You never know on backpack type fabrics how bad the holes are going to be from the previous monogram. Luckily--the monogram came out easily and you could barely tell where it had been--and I simply monogrammed my friend's little boy's initials over it. Love the aqua blue on the green.

---------------

I had been hoping to have time to make my Jonah a marker roll for his Easter basket. I have gone completely overboard with buying stuff for his basket--all of the stuff is not going to fit--I know this for sure, because I've already tried! He is getting a couple of potties, too--not sure if he's ready, but thought we'd give it a shot (and we'll at least have them when he is ready)

I did not use a pattern of any sort for this marker roll--I just kind of used my judgement along the way. I got some Color Wonder stuff for his basket since he is wanting to draw/color more and more lately. I'm hoping this will be great for church. It's kind of hard to tell in the pic, but the red fabric has Mickey Mouse heads on it.

So...here it is:





I made it tall enough so that you can fold the top part down before rolling it up--to keep the markers from falling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment