No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Summer Fun

My sister-in-law contacted me the other night to ask if I would donate something for my niece's Kindergarten class for their Spring Fling. Her class is doing a Summer Fun themed basket. Luckily, I had just purchased lots of cute summer designs--and I had a couple of things in my stash that I could use.

 So, this is what I came up with:


When I think of summer fun--I think of the beach!
I had a couple of these towels that I had gotten at the Black Friday sale at WalMart for just $2. These are really nice big, thick towels, too. I had initially planned to just do the octopus with green eyes--and I was wishing I had some big blue polka dot ribbon, but no luck. I did have this small yellow, though--so I changed the eye color to yellow and sewed the ribbon along the bottom.

 I sure do wish I had bought lots of these towels---you can't beat the price and the quality is great! I do have one green left--but I'm thinking that I'll be using it to make Jonah a towel just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment