No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last Minute Lucky Charm

I had bought some cute St. Patrick's Day fabric a few weeks back--just enough to do an applique--but never got around to doing anything with it. I decided at the very last minute to do Jonah a shirt for him to wear for church (couldn't have anyone pinching him!). I had a plain white shirt that I had planned to put it on, but I had left it in his room and he was napping--so I improvised. I had bought a 4 pack of brand new onesies (the nice Carter's ones) for like $5 at one of the recent consignment sales in his size. I had these in my sewing cabinet. It's been a long time since he's worn a onesie--you could tell because he was in a panic when he couldn't get to his bellybutton--which is his comfort thing that he does--he likes to stick his finger in it. He kept pulling at the onesie trying to get to his bellybutton!

 I used the Planet Applique shamrock alphabet applique design--and I left the letter out. I think it turned out great. I love how it added the extra stitching on top of the satin stitch in a different color.



Here's a picture that my little lucky charm actually posed for (kind of):

I consider myself extremely lucky and blessed to get to be his Mommy :)

We ate supper at the Wednesday night meal before services so Jonah got to run around in the MPB--and he got to run and play after services. Now I have a child who just does not go to sleep unless he is in his own bed. There are the extremely rare times that he falls asleep in the car--and tonight was one of those. He didn't even wake up when I took him inside and put him on his changing table to get him ready for bed. He played hard--and he was TIRED!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment