No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spotted Dogs and a New Big Brother

I have a really good friend who will be welcoming her second little boy into the world in the morning. I had promised her that I would do Big Brother/Baby Brother shirts for her as a gift. She requested that I put a "spotted dog" on the shirts because her almost 4 year old has recently fallen in love with them--so that's what I did. Because you can mostly only get onesies in white and I wanted them to match, I thought the shirts needed a punch of color--and what goes better with a spotted dog than red?


Also--anybody out there ever have an embroidery project that you just think is never gonna happen? Well, this was one of them. I bought a shirt that shrank and had to be replaced--only for that shirt to be eaten by my machine (after an hour of working on it and my machine, I was able to salvage it--only for it to be eaten again)--which meant I had to buy yet another shirt. I had problems with this one, too--but was able to eventually figure out the problem and make it work. I also went through 2 onesies--and continued to have problems when working on it. But, finally, I had a finished project. Somedays--my machine just does not want to be my friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment