No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cute Little Easter Truck

Here is an outfit that I whipped up for Jonah late last night. I'm hoping that it will be nice enough this afternoon for him to wear it Easter Egg Hunting.


I just love seersucker fabric. I knew I wanted to do this outfit in seersucker--I have some other summer shirts that I plan to do to go with the shorts. The shorts are actually reversible--they are green seersucker on the other side. I don't have a serger (maybe someday)--but I still want the clothes that I make to look finished--so I almost always fully line them or make them reversible so that they look nice---and they are really practical when reversible. I did not use a pattern for the shorts (I do have a shorts pattern). I recently got a pair of shorts for Jonah and liked the way they fit--so I used them for the pattern.

A side note on the shirt: I always plan out every fabric when sewing for others--but I decided to do this shirt late last night after I got in--so I had to use what I had (fabrics/threads). I still think it came out really cute. I almost always use Heat 'N Bond Lite on all my appliques, too. However, I had accidentally mixed my Lite with my Heavy bond--which you can't sew on: so I did not use any Heat 'N Bond on this project. SO---if you have not tried applique w/ Heat 'N Bond---you just have to! It just makes everything go so much smoother and look nicer, too! It makes it so much easier to cut around your fabric without it fraying. I could not cut too close to the fabric on this project because it was fraying--and I had lots of fabric threads to cut after the project was finished. And to make a long story short--I just couldn't stop thinking about my Heat 'N Bond Lite the whole time I was doing this project! It adds a little more time to a project (and really it's just a tiny amount of time) and it adds a little more money, too--but it's not expensive, either--BUT it makes all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment