No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Versatile Embroidery Design

I continue to be amazed at some of the things that can be done with machine embroidery. Almost any embroidery design can be altered in appearance by changing thread colors, etc. This particular design is especially versatile. I did this design on a pair of matching pillowcases for my nieces to match their bedroom.








The design can be done as is--or I can eliminate any part of it: the outer swirl, the inner circle, or even the letter or letter outline. I think it would look really good with just the outer swirl and the letter--just a simple design. This particular design can also be done with applique.




And with applique---fabric choices are unlimited! This would look great with a single letter monogram or even with an appliqued letter--such as the babybet on the right in designs.

SO....if you ever see something you like, but want different colors or wonder if it can be done differently--just message me and we'll see what we can come up with!

Note: For those of you who have an embroidery machine--these are both Planet Applique designs. The first design is a free set available for joining the Planet Applique yahoo group. The second design (applique) is available at the website: http://www.planetapplique.com/. This is probably my favorite place to buy designs. They have frequent sales and some great freebies. If you join their mailing list by January 1st, you'll recieve 150 loyalty points to use to purchase their designs.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I'm always looking for applique embroidery designs to use in my stuff. Sometimes my imagination just isn't too imaginative. I wish I could make my kids things like this!

    ReplyDelete