No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sometimes applique is hard work...

I love applique--I just think there is so much you can do with it. In fact, I don't think I've done a single embroidery design other than applique or names since I've had my machine. For those of you who don't know the difference: 1.) Embroidery just uses thread to create the design 2.) Applique uses fabric to create a design. Each piece of fabric you see in a design is tacked down and very carefully cut around--and then the edges are usually satin stitched over. Some applique designs are very simple--just one fabric piece and one thread color--I love these--they are simple and fairly quick (although I'm sure you'd be surprised at how much time it takes to applique/embroider something). I had hoped to get 3 shirts in during nap time (which is when I try to get my work done)--but this little design took up all of my time. It has lots of fabric pieces and LOTS of thead changes. The finished product is great, but a lot of work went into getting there. Here is the finished product:


For all of you fellow bloggers out there:
I have been wanting to sit down and create a tag to go on my photos. I am surprised at how many people don't think anything about using someone else's photos and posting it on their blog/facebook/etc. without telling where it came from--which makes it look their own work. I follow lots of blogs and look at etsy and other websites often--so alot of times I notice when someone is using someone's pictures--because I can usually track back and find the original one. I know that people put lots of hard work in their creations--and it is dishonest to post someone else's work as your own. If you want to use someone's pictures to show an idea or something you can do--ask permission and give that person credit. I will now get off my soap box.

I had a flashing idea today as I was about to take the above photo--I decided to print out a tag of my logo and tape it to my hanger. It was quick (although I need to print another when I change out my ink cartridge--it was low) and I think it does the trick!



No comments:

Post a Comment