No New Orders

At least for the summer, I have decided to take some time off and work on stuff for my family--I have lots of birthday and wedding gifts to keep me busy, too. Our summers are always busy with trips--so it will be hard for me to do much else. You can always feel free to contact me to see if I can fit something in for you--but it will depend on how busy I am.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Designs and More to Come...

Just got some new embroidery designs today that I couldn't resist passing up. Planet Applique (http://www.planetapplique.com/) seems to always have the best sales and specials--I got an e-mail from them today--and couldn't resist getting in on the deals (I hardly had to spend any money to get all of these--I had lots of free points to use, too). Since I've only had my machine since last fall--I am having to work to add to my embroidery design collection (I don't mind at all--I love getting them--it's the purchasing them that sometimes hurts--some can be expensive--and they all add up). So, with every season or holiday that rolls around, I'm trying to add some designs. Remember--I have many more designs than I put on this site and we can likely always find what you might be looking for--just send me an e-mail. I also have in the plans to get some more summer designs real soon.

So here's what I got today:







Both the Easter Egg and the Shamrock come as a complete alphabet.
I can also remove the letter from them and do just the egg or shamrock--or put a name on the inside.
Would look cute as they are with the letter and then a monogrammed name underneath.

-------------------------------------------

I have only seen reverse applique a couple of times and have never tried it myself, but I'm very excited to give it a shot now that Planet Applique has come out with a whole set (they say that there are more sets to come). The set I bought comes with 4 different designs and in 4 different sizes (there is even a small 2 inch size which should come in super handy when doing those tiny baby items). The designs include: star, dog, elephant, and heart. So, you might be asking--What exactly is reverse applique? The fabric is actually attached to the back of the onesie/shirt when embroidering--when the machine finishes--you cut the onesie fabric to reveal the image in the fabric underneath. Pretty neat, huh?



To see all designs included in the set, go to:

And to think that I got all this for just under $5.50.


No comments:

Post a Comment